- Custody death inquest: ‘Staffordshire Police treated my son worse than a dog’
INQUEST in the media, 2 December 2016
- Jury finds catalogue of police failings over death of Darren Lyons following custody
Press releases, 2 December 2016
- Every £1 you donate to INQUEST via The Big Give will be DOUBLED!
Press releases, 29 November 2016
- High Court grants family’s legal challenge on prison deaths at HMP Woodhill - prison with highest number of self-inflicted deaths
Press releases, 28 November 2016
- Police officer who shot Jermaine Baker may face charges after watchdog probe
INQUEST in the media, 28 November 2016
- Latest INQUEST e-newsletter published
Latest news, 25 November 2016
- Relatives of Woodhill prisoners who died begin legal challenge
INQUEST in the media, 25 November 2016
- Jury unanimously found that staff at HMP Ranby had failed to take adequate steps to monitor and protect Ainslie Rush
Press releases, 23 November 2016
01.12.16 Our casework team has opened 485 cases to date in 2016.
20.02.16 One death in immigration detention has been reported in 2016.
‘At the time of the tragedy, I had no idea of what to do or who to turn to. By luck, I found yourselves and contacted you, the rest as we say is history. On behalf of [my brother's] family, friends and myself I would just like to thank you so much for your professional support and advice during that difficult period and without that help, I do not think we would be where we are today.’
– Brother of a man who died in police custody