- Custody death inquest: ‘Staffordshire Police treated my son worse than a dog’
INQUEST in the media, 2 December 2016
- Jury finds catalogue of police failings over death of Darren Lyons following custody
Press releases, 2 December 2016
- Every £1 you donate to INQUEST via The Big Give will be DOUBLED!
Press releases, 29 November 2016
- High Court grants family’s legal challenge on prison deaths at HMP Woodhill - prison with highest number of self-inflicted deaths
Press releases, 28 November 2016
- Police officer who shot Jermaine Baker may face charges after watchdog probe
INQUEST in the media, 28 November 2016
- Latest INQUEST e-newsletter published
Latest news, 25 November 2016
- Relatives of Woodhill prisoners who died begin legal challenge
INQUEST in the media, 25 November 2016
- Jury unanimously found that staff at HMP Ranby had failed to take adequate steps to monitor and protect Ainslie Rush
Press releases, 23 November 2016
01.12.16 Our casework team has opened 485 cases to date in 2016.
20.02.16 One death in immigration detention has been reported in 2016.
‘Let me record my thanks to and appreciation and admiration for the organisation INQUEST… That organisation, which is based in my constituency, has done amazingly good work over a long period in supporting the families of people who have died in custody. Nothing is popular about such cases, but the organisation has been dogged in pursuing them. I think we should appreciate the value of civil society organisations of that kind which do so much to promote decent standards and liberty, and which help the House to produce better legislation.’
– Jeremy Corbyn MP